- This event has passed.
Mandi House – The Cultural Hub of Delhi
August 30 @ 9:30 am - 1:04 pm
Mandi House is the artistically inclined artery of Delhi and therefore renowned as the cultural hub of Delhi. Mandi House is the hub of the arts and music and it also serves as a second home to all the artistically inclined folks in Delhi. From the Seven basic “Sur’s” of Indian classical music to the efficient strokes of the paint brushes, this place has a range of tastes to provide to art lovers. Not only does its aura makes you feel the vintage and classical touch, but it also provides you some of the best street foods you could ever find in Delhi. To name a few of the essential tourist attractions there, there is the Triveni Kala Sangam, Himachal Bhavan, Sri Ram Centre for Performing Arts, National School Of Drama, Hindi Sahitya Academy, Lalit Kala Academy, Bengali Market and much more. All these attractions make this hub one of the best places for art lovers and peace lovers to experience.
The walk begins at your convenience, although it would be better to reach Mandi House in the first half of the day, because you have a lot to enjoy here.
• First we will enjoy the paintings, drawings, and art galleries at Triveni Kala Sangam followed by tea at its open theatre
• Then we will proceed to the Hindi Sahitya Academy where you will see the biggest collection of Hindi Literature and another art gallery
• This is followed by a visit to NSD (National School of Drama) that has produced incredible Bollywood actors like Naseeruddin Shah, Om Puri, and many more
• Finally, to make the day even more special we will go for an evening music concert or a play to the Sri Ram Center (not part of the tour duration)
Even a local Delhi-ite can show you Mandi House but what differentiates this walk is Shishirant’s (your host) personal experience and 4 beautiful years that he has spent there considering it as his second home. You will not only see different forms of arts but you will also develop a mutual bond between two artists: you (an artist due to your love for arts and music) and Shishirant. We will not only show you the Indian arts and also about Indian classical music or how it differs from western music and Indian Carnatic music, but also make you experience it. A small tea break with an artistically inclined conversation would call it a memorable experience.
1. Feel free to bring your cameras to capture the beautiful works of art
2. Too much cash is not needed and the rest is up to the visitor
Inclusions – The tour fee includes a water bottle, snacks and a tea break at Triveni Kala Sangam’s beautiful canteen
Exclusions – Show or concert tickets
Meeting Point – Mandi House Metro Station (Please call us to coordinate on the exact meeting point)
Please contact (Call/SMS/WhatsApp) GoInTheCity on +91 9818688010/9582891707 after booking your tickets for host contact details, meeting point coordination or for any other information